An estimated 2 million people took part in the procession at the Eucharistic Congress.
I pray for all souls to bring our Lord back, in such splendor, into your hearts.
My Lord and my God
Words can not describe the JOY in my heart and soul, watching the video below.
For the full story: CLICK HERE
VERY short post as copied from my facebook account today after a night of very good reading.
Spent some time reading St. Thomas Aquinas last night (without distractions) and realized what was missing in society today. His writings are like taking vitamins for the mind and intellect.
St. Thomas Aquinas, pray for us
photo by @roilagarde via twitter
Watching in awe
From January 29, 2015
I watched a video today that I must share on this day of Remembering The Holocaust..
I am not going to write about this, as I just feel, know in my heart, there is more of a need today, for them to tell the story.
Edith Zierer was born to a wealthy and educated Jewish family in Katowice, Poland. In 1939, in advance of the German invasion of Poland, her family fled and moved from place to place.
“Suddenly, totally unexpectedly, a young priest made his way through the people and approached me. I looked up and saw a Christian priest in a brown robe standing in front of me, with a great light in his eyes. He turned to me of all the people who were sitting there in the station, and asked ‘Why are you sitting here like that?’” she recounted.
The young priest was Karol Wojtyla, who in 1978 would become Pope John Paul II. He brought her a sandwich and tea. “I was thin, gaunt, tired and ill. To this day I remember the first bite … I finished the sandwich and he told me to stand up because ‘We’re going,’ as he said. I wasn’t capable of standing on my skinny legs. I fell onto the floor of the train station and he was forced to carry me in his arms.”
Edith Zierer entered into eternal life in 2014. For Oral history interview with Edith Zierer, please see this LINK
“Those who remain silent are responsible.” – Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross
This is a photo from Life Magazine of the 1961 Rosary Crusade that took place in San Francisco through the work of Servant of God, Father Patrick Peyton .
Catholic Action For Faith and Family is the place to sign up for Operation Storm Heaven.
From their link: SIGN UP HERE
During this Holy Year of Mercy, let us join Cardinal Burke in a spiritual crusade to storm Heaven with prayers to dispel confusion and:
bring Hope to souls and minds throughout America and the world;
provide spiritual support in the struggle against the temptations of discouragement;
to protect our families and our Faith;
to stop the advance of evil in our society;
and to flood souls with Grace and Light and Truth.
Also, see the interview here of Cardinal Burke discussing Operation Storm Heaven
Walk For Life!
This weekend, the Parish I belong to and our Pro Life Ministry held our Annual “Baby Shower” Charity Event to collect items for women and children in need. We hold this event every year in hopes of collecting items for women who have decided not to abort their children and donate the items to various Pro Life Pregnancy Centers in the area.
As the event ended yesterday, I volunteered to bring some items to Pregnancy Care Center east of San Diego , in El Cajon California. They are currently trying to build another location to provide pro-life services for women in the southern region of San Diego.
As I arrived with the donated items, they were holding their open house and truly didn’t have a place to put all the donated items. I advised them that I would be more then willing to return today to drop them off.
They normally were not open on Mondays, but in ringing the bell, I was greeted by the Executive Director, Josh McClure who was able to graciously take the donated things. He advised me of their upcoming charity event. One in which he hopes to get as many Groups to walk as Groups to raise funds to build the new facility to take care of the woman who do choose life. The date of this event happens to fall on the date that I had lost my own child to abortion. I could not let this go without sharing this event and I pray they can help as many women as they can, NOT to make the decision I did. If you are in the San Diego area, I please ask you and your entire group to join in this wonderful event to help save a life! It truly is a matter of life and death to our precious children in the womb.
From their site:
Each spring, Pregnancy Care Clinic holds an annual, “stroller to wheelchair” Walk for Life fundraiser. Participants obtain sponsors who pledge a total amount for walker’s participation in the event. This, in turn, helps raise important funds for the ongoing operation of the Clinic. On the day of the event, walkers will gather at Santee Lakes and Walk for Life while praying to end abortion in this country. Those not able to attend can walk on their own wherever they are-so this is truly something everyone can do. Not only is the Walk a fun and fit way to raise money for the Clinic, but it also makes a statement, letting the world know that the Culture of Life is alive and well in San Diego County! Please join us immediately following the Walk for a celebratory picnic. THE HOT DOGS ARE ON US! Call (619)442-4357 or email Robin Brust for more information.
V.I.P. (Very Important Points)
- Saturday – March 12, 2016 at Santee Lakes 9310 Fanita Parkway, Santee CA 92071 Registration begins at 8:30 AM. Walk begins at 9:30 AM.
- Directions: From the 125 & 52 freeways, exit Mission Gorge Road, heading east. Turn left on Carlton Hills Blvd, then left on Carlton Oaks Drive. Turn right on Fanita Parkway. Entrance will be on the left.
- Parking is prepaid for participants. Registration is at the north end of Lake 5 in the picnic structure.
- It’s a 2 mile walk (2 laps around the lake). Your sponsors will support you with a single, generous, tax-deductible gift for your participation in the walk instead of being sponsored per mile.
- If it rains, bring an umbrella—the event will not be cancelled. If you are unable to come to the walk, no problem. You may turn in your form and walk on your own whenever and wherever it is convenient.
- Each person raising $200 in pledges will receive a free Walk t-shirt.
- Each person raising $500 in pledges will receive a free Pregnancy Care Clinic Sweat Shirt.
- Recruit a sponsored walker and receive a Precious Feet pin plus be entered in the raffle drawing for a Kindle Fire Tablet.
- Recruiter with the highest number of on-line registered sponsored walkers on their team wins an Amazon Fire TV receiver unit.
- After the walk, stick around for a picnic with your church or team.
- Click Here to register online and create your own Walk Fundraising Page.
- Click Here to download a pledge form to register your sponsors.
We’re cooking the hot dogs – you bring the chips!