“During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah”
She traveled in haste, meaning she left very quickly after the Angel Gabriel revealed to her, what would be. The above photo is from the Church of the Visitation in Ein Kerem, Jerusalem. The site where our Blessed Mother recited her song of praise, the Magnificat. The site where St. John the Baptist leaped in St. Elizabeth’s womb. Where our Holy Mother stayed with her cousin to attend to her in her time of need, waiting on her, helping her, as she herself was carrying our Lord in her womb.
While we wait for the descent of the Holy Spirit to come upon us, may we, in haste, pull closer to our beautiful Mother, whom the Holy Spirit has already descended upon, and deeply reflect on her perfect humility, love and dedication to the Holy Trinity, in mind, spirit and body.
- My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.
He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.
He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children forever.
- Magnificat anima mea Dominum,
- Et exultavit spiritus meus in Deo salvatore meo,
- Quia respexit humilitatem ancillae suae ecce enim ex hoc beatam me dicent omnes generationes,
- Quia fecit mihi magna, qui potens est: et sanctum nomen eius,
- Et misericordia eius in progenies et progenies timentibus eum.
- Fecit potentiam in brachio suo: dispersit superbos mente cordis sui;
- Deposuit potentes de sede et exaltavit humiles
- Esurientes implevit bonis: et divites dimisit inanes.
- Suscepit Israel puerum suum: recordatus misericordiae suae,
- Sicut locutus est ad patres nostros: Abraham et semini eius in saecula